Friday, November 6, 2009

Welcome!

Welcome! It's taken me a long time to begin this blog. There was so much that I wanted to get off of my chest that I didn't know where I was going to start. I've decided that I will take baby steps (no pun intended) and post the frustrating areas of my life little by little.
Basically my DH and I have been together for over 17yrs. We'd begun ttc about 3yrs. ago when I was 38. That was when I found out that I had a very large (size of a grapefruit) fibroid on top of my uterus. It took 4 months to shrink it then I had a myomectomy. My doctor did not want us to try for 3 months so that I would heal. Others had later told me that I should have tried before potential scarring set in. Too late. We then went on to 4 unsuccessful IVFs and and about 5 unsuccessful IUIs. With each procedure my hopes of conceiving were diminishing. I feel fortunate in that my insurance had covered all of my procedures. However, I have reached the limit of IVFs that I am allowed to have. Paying for it on our own is just not an option right now. I am the soul provider in the house because my husband has gone back to school to finish his degree.
My last IVF was in July 09'. What a disaster. I truly believe that I caught something during my retrieval. I was fine before that. About 48 hrs after my retrieval I came down with a 102 temp. I rarely have fevers. My doctor thought that it might be from allergies and encouraged me to put the eggs in. Of course I became sicker and sicker and received a BFN. I ended up spending most of the summer sick and was on 3 courses of antibiotics and 3 weeks of steroids. Fortunately for me I am a teacher and was off for the summer. I don't really know what I would've done had things been different. Life sucks. Welcome to my hell.

No comments:

Post a Comment